Supervision toward licensure or Sex therapy supervision
Whether you are a new therapist working toward licensure or a seasoned clinician adding sex therapy certification to your credentials, you are in the right place.
AAMFT approved supervision
You have finished your masters degree and practicums and are now ready to start your new career. You will need to practice for 3,000 hours with an AAMFT designated supervisor before gaining full licensure. This is an exciting and challenging time and your clients appreciate knowing they have not only your full focus, but also that of your supervisor.
Susan is a AAMFT designated supervisor and is able to provide guidance and supervision to therapists working toward the 3,000 supervised hours needed prior to full licensure. She has a coaching style, introducing new ideas and teaching new therapists how to conceptualize the needs of their clients and plan for short and long-term treatment. Good supervision starts with lots of up front guidance transitioning over the course of two years to a more colleagial consultation style. Call for more information on what to expect as you take this next step toward licensure or to schedule a free consultation to find out if supervision together might be a good fit.
The American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) requires supervision as one part of certification. Susan is an AASECT Supervisor-in Supervision and is well informed on the process of obtaining certification for therapists working toward sex therapy certification.
- That you are an AASECT member in good standing before starting supervision
- A supervision contract must be approved by AASECT prior to beginning supervision
- 50 hours of supervision is required, 25 of those may be in a group format
- While therapists will have a primary supervisor, you may choose to work with a total of 4 supervisors which is encouraged as input from more than one supervisor is helpful.
- See Individual and Group Supervision Guidelines.
- AASECT requirements for sex therapy certifications
If you are working toward your licensure in psychotherapy or certification in sex therapy please call or schedule a free consultation. It is helpful to talk to someone as you make decisions early in the process. Her supervision fee is $100 an hour.